Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Gentle Breeze

Gentle Breeze

I have visited my husband's gravesite several times since his physical, earthly body entered the ground.  I like to take flowers; a rose (our flower), if possible.

I cry and although I know God hears me always, I find some comfort here; in the cemetery.  

Often when at my husband's gravesite, I have felt a gentle breeze and the sun has appeared from behind the clouds, warming my head and back.  It is comforting.  The sun seems to be where Wayne is, especially during this latest journey... the ICU outside trips, the Church during the service, the internment, and now at the gravesite.   I like to think this is a sign... God telling me that it will be okay.  He's got Wayne and all is well.  

Oh, how I miss him, though.  To feel his gentle touch, hug, embrace; to hear his gentle words; to see his gentle ways.  Thank you Lord for this gentle breeze; gentle warmth from the sun.

I am trying to listen to the gentle breezes in life, as my days threaten to spill into stormy, exhausting, grief-filled, decision-making days.   The breezes and the sun remind me to slow down, to appreciate and live in the moment.  Wait.  Listen.  Feel. 

Reflection Verses:

We cannot look at the sun, for it shines brightly in the sky when the wind clears away the clouds. So also, golden splendor comes from the mountain of God. He is clothed in dazzling splendor. We cannot imagine the power of the Almighty; but even though he is just and righteous, he does not destroy us. (Job 37:21-23 NLT)

Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. (Philippians 4:5 NIV)

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 34:18 -English Standard Version (ESV)
    18 The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
    and saves the crushed in spirit.

    ReplyDelete