Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Purposeful Journey

Purposeful Journey


~~~ Today was Wayne's service.   Thank you for helping us to celebrate Wayne's life here on Earth, and his Eternal Life in Heaven.  A presentation was created with music and video clips.  Here is my portion. ~~~


On the day of the cancer diagnosis, Wayne knew and said that God will use this journey for a greater purpose. 

Many of you have followed along with us on this journey and you have also seen or heard of the ways this purpose has been and is still being fulfilled. I have shared about a nurse sharing his own testimony, a doctor asking questions about Christianity, praying with others in the hospital, and there is so much more.  This journey is not over yet... the purpose will continue.


2 Corinthians 4:13-18 (NLT) says:
But we continue to preach because we have the same kind of faith the psalmist had when he said, “I believed in God, so I spoke.” We know that God, who raised the Lord Jesus, will also raise us with Jesus and present us to himself together with you. All of this is for your benefit. And as God’s grace reaches more and more people, there will be great thanksgiving, and God will receive more and more glory. That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.


No matter what the outcome is, there is purpose in the answer that God desires for us.  During what seems to be an intense and challenging journey, I have found that prayer changes the person praying as well.  And, we hope that you too are changed, that you have a deeper relationship with Jesus, and that you intentionally choose to follow Him.  That is Wayne's and my desire for you.  When things are tough, do not fall away from God, but press into Him deeper. That is where you will find the strength, the hope, the love.

My husband, my best friend, has felt called in his earthly life to reach out to others.  It may be through Tim Horton's coffee get togethers, music, his job and work, running, and just by being a man, husband, and father, that loves Jesus.  Throughout his life, Wayne has just chosen to do what he has been felt led to do, and that the glory of this is for God. I know it is his hope that you have seen the love of Jesus through him, and that you too follow the call of your purpose and gifts of this life; giving glory to God ... intentionally choosing to follow Jesus, living a life of integrity and love.

Wayne insisted on bringing his devotional called "My Utmost for His Highest", by Oswald Chambers, with us to the hospital on the night we came in.  I have read each day to him from it, and on Monday, March 17th, when I read it, Wayne said to me "that's my life." Here is what it says:



~~~ (I do not have permission to quote this text, but it talks about evaluating yourself and living in such a way that your life is obedient and glorifying to God.) ~~~


I know that many of you have stories to share and I will read them all.  If you still have a story or encouraging word to share, please make sure you put it into the Memory container.  I encourage you to share what you wrote with each other in fellowship, in conversation, and in the weeks, and years to come.  Continue to spread the Word of God, the hope that is always there, and the promise of eternal life.  Your own life story will be unique; please share it.

Lastly, I want to take this moment to thank each and every one of you for your love, support, and prayers during this journey.  You are all a special part of my family, my heart.


2 Corinthians 13:11 (NIV) says:
Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment