Wednesday, March 19, 2014

What Choice?

What Choice?

Life is full of choices to be made.  We may base choices on emotions, other's opinions, internal motivations, temptations, Biblical truths, or a combination of factors.

During this journey, some choices have been uncertain, and they are usually related to the next step of care for the physical body.  Even though cancer seems common, each person is still a unique individual.  This is another opportunity for prayer, where the choice to make becomes clear.

When Wayne was diagnosed with cancer, it was clear to him that this journey would continue to be one of following Christ, spreading the light and hope of Jesus.  He felt that was the ONLY choice, and I agree.  Sure, it is hard to accept that your physical body is in harm, that there is a hard road ahead, and that you may feel angry, sad, or depressed.  But, underneath it all, the hope of eternal life exists.  Choosing Jesus is choosing eternal life that will lead to joy, praise, and healing.  Forever.

As Wayne's wife, I also have choices.  My emotions and reactions in this situation may differ from yours.  I have moments of clarity and peace, and I have moments of emotional distress, with what seems to be a neverending fountain of tears.  Does that mean I waver in decisions or am weak?  No.  Do I do what others think I should do?  Not necessarily ... But, I consult with God and I consult with Wayne.  I have made the choice to follow God's guidance, and to support Wayne in whatever choice is made, in whatever needs to be done.  This is not about what I want, but it is part of my life and my journey.  You may think, "If I was in this situation, I would do this or that".  My story, however, will differ from yours, my reactions and choices will differ from yours, and that is okay.  There is purpose here.  And, it is my choice to follow God on this path, however it may lead me.

God has chosen each of us; He has a specific plan for us, and each one of us is different.  All of it will be used to glorify Him.

Reflection Verses: 

For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just, so that the Lord will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him.’  Genesis 18:9 NIV


For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession.  Deuteronomy 7:6 NIV

‘Because of your great compassion you did not abandon them in the wilderness. By day the pillar of cloud did not fail to guide them on their path, nor the pillar of fire by night to shine on the way they were to take.  Nehemiah 9:19 NIV

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy that was set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.  Hebrews 12:1-3 NIV

1 comment:

  1. Other than the Bible, I have never read words more inspiring and beautiful as your blogs. You have let God use you in such a powerful way. I hope I can thank you in person someday with just a hug as there are no words adequate.

    ReplyDelete