Monday, March 17, 2014

Ripple Effect

Ripple Effect

Our actions and choices can have a ripple effect, extending beyond our own understanding, planting seeds into the hearts of many.

I share these few, of many, examples with you here because I want you to know that there is purpose here.  And, that you are also spreading the love of God.

~~~

When we left home to come to the ER and hospital, even though Wayne was incredibly weak, he indicated that he wanted his devotional to come with him.  I have read it to him each day.  Often staff comes into the room during devotions or prayers and they hear the words.  

~~~  

A friend that works here at the hospital brought in a chalkboard easel where we write Scripture of the day.  We write verses that have been sent to us by you, dear friends.  Your shared words are read by others here.  On one day, the floor doctor comes in with many people and says "What is the Scripture today?"  There was "no reason" for that many people to be in the room, yet here they were hearing God's Word.

~~~

Another nurse came by and asked if he could share something with me.  He said that he had a difficult childhood and that the verse of the day was one that he clung to, and that facilitated, his relationship with Jesus Christ.  This nurse, and several others, come into the room often to help, even though they are not assigned to my husband that day.

~~~

We have signs in the room that you have created for Wayne; and Wayne's room has become infamous.  People purposely walk by peaking through the doorway to see these encouraging displays of love.

~~~

On one occasion, Wayne indicated to me to pray about the ventilator discomfort, and wanted me to include the nurse that was in the room with us.  God gave me the words, Wayne gave me the push to do it, and a spirit filled prayer comes out. I do not remember the exact words said but we did pray for comfort and peace. The nurse was emotional and had to leave to compose himself, and we talked more later.

~~~

I have crossed paths with other staff here, from other times we have been in this hospital, and they remember us.  I tell them about Wayne, I ask for prayers, I thank them for their compassion, and we hug.

~~~

People have said that they want to have a faith like, or to be like, Wayne.  He would say that you need to be who God wants you to be.  That you need to be like Jesus, not him.  That you need to be intentional in your choices in this life.  That is glory to God.

~~~

Our son and I are changed too, for the better, I believe.  We will all forever be changed.  My heart and my faith are stronger; my love deeper; God is with us; there is purpose here.  We will continue to tell about this journey to others.  It is our hope that you will too; rippling this testimony of God's love through yourself and in sharing with others.

We do this because we love God and each other and you.  It is who we are because we have chosen to have a relationship with Jesus; the source of love, grace, and hope.

Reflection Verses:

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. (Romans 8:28 NLT)

It is God who enables us, along with you, to stand firm for Christ. He has commissioned us, and he has identified us as his own by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts as the first installment that guarantees everything he has promised us. (2 Corinthians 1:21, 22 NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment