Sunday, March 9, 2014

I Love...

I Love ...

When you open a bottle for me

That you make sure I have eaten

That you tie my shoes when my back or hands hurt

When you buy me little thoughtful things, just because

That you care about my tears

When you ask me what I need

When you rub my back

That you tell me to rest even when you are tired

When you hold my hand

When you tell me you love me

That you listen to me always

That you need me too

That you cook me breakfast

That you play with our child so I can take a nap

That you take care of the house and us

That you are an awesome father and husband; humble, patient, gentle, loving, inspiring.

That you know me for who I truly am, and still love me at my worst and my best

 ...

You are my best friend.

It is my honor to know you and it fills my heart with love and joy that you chose me to be your wife.

   ...  

Note:  This blog post was also written while my husband is being treated in an intensive care unit.  We have had close friends and family visiting, and these are some of the things I have shared with them about my best friend, Wayne.

Reflection Verses;

Be devoted to one another in love. Honour one another above yourselves. Romans 12:10 NIV

Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourageone another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. 2 Corinthians 13:11 NIV

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2 NIV

1 comment: