Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Footprints in the Snow

Footprints in the Snow

Before we came to the hospital, I was looking out at the drifts of snow in the backyard.   I saw little paths of footprints showing evidence that something was there.  We try to figure out what made the footprints.  We certainly have an abundance of bunnies, but maybe it was a fox, squirrel, or farm cat.

We also have a stray cat that likes to huddle on our front porch, sleeping under the porch on cold days.  We do not interact with the cat, but we call her (?) "Fuzzball".  I see her path of prints that travel to under the porch, and around back to the shed.  I am sure she is one of the reasons we do not have a mouse problem.

On this day of this blogging, there is a blizzard.  Schools are closed, businesses closed early, and travel advisories are issued.  Footprints in the snow are blown away as the wind whisks the snow around.  People's footprints as they press into the sidewalks are covered.  Snow plows scrape away the tire tracks along with the snow.  It is harder to see the evidence that someone was there.

However, it is not necessary to see the evidence to know that something was there.

God is ALWAYS with us... we may see His presence in the gentle footprints of progress in my husband's health.  When blizzards of illness storms into the ICU all around, God is here.  We feel His presence and love, and your love, in this room and hospital, and feel the love pour out onto not only Wayne, but onto the people that are here with us, staff and patients.  I find myself speaking for Wayne, since he cannot, and I hope I am sharing the Hope.   I have seen tears in eyes, shared hugs, and cried with others, and it is okay to show such evidence of emotion.  It brings us together, united, and on common ground, even if it is snow covered and swirling around.

Reflection Verses:

Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. John 14:11 NIV

Then Jesus told him, ‘Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.’ John 20:29 NIV

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, I am a friend of your Mom's who was long out of touch. I am nearby and am thinking of you and Wayne and your son. If it is possible and helpful, I will visit in the hospital and find out how I can help..love to you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for touching base. People have mentioned about visiting, but I ask that we keep visitors to a minimum at this time. The BEST thing you can do for us is pray, send emails and messages of prayer and encouragements. I know people want to be here with us, but please know that we truly can feel God's presence and your love. I literally read messages to Wayne, and I know he can hear them.

      Delete