Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Are You Following Me?

Are You Following Me?

In college, when I met Wayne, he would often appear outside my classes, waiting to walk and talk with me.  He knew my schedule and wanted to see me as much as he could.  He would show up and surprise me with a treat and conversation when I worked my work-study job.  He would call me and we would talk for hours on the phone.  We still have this kind of relationship.  Wayne was then and still is an every day presence in my life.

As I sit by his side here in the hospital, I think about how much I just enjoying being near him.  I wish we could talk so I could hear his voice, but for now I talk to him through my mask, and hold his hand, rub his arm, or caress his head.  I know he can hear me, and I want to always be near.

Several people have admitted to me that they "stalk" my blog or updates so that they know what is going on.  Originally, I had left Facebook because I felt that I was addicted to it; watching who liked what I had to say or did not say.

Now, I find Facebook and blogging to be another source of comfort... I do not obsess over who responds or does not respond, but I do appreciate the prayers and words of encouragement.  I do not necessarily write for your feedback, but I do write for my outpouring of emotions, for prayer requests, and for the hope that perhaps you too, can see the light and hope that God still promises among all of this.

Just as I desire to be near Wayne, I desire to be near God, always.  God is always with us, following us, knowing the comfort we need and the desires of our hearts.  We are followers of Christ, and I pray that you are one too.  When you follow Christ, you will find comfort, forgiveness, peace, mercy, and grace.

Reflection Verses:

Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. (Ephesians 5:1, 2 NIV)

Open the gates that the righteous nation may enter, the nation that keeps faith. You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal. (Isaiah 26:2-4 NIV)

Grace and peace to you from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing. (2 Thessalonians 1:2, 3 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment