Sunday, January 19, 2014

My Life is Like a Circus

My Life is Like a Circus

The local school hosted a small circus event.  Something fun and distracting for us to do in this season of life.

There were performers twirling, juggling, and balancing on precarious mounts...kind of like how my life feels at the moment.  Twirling around trying to get to place - to appointments - to treatments - to work - to place.  Juggling all of the roles and tasks that need to be completed each day.  Balancing on precarious moments, watching my husband for changes in his health, checking to see that he is okay.

Another performer at the circus twisted himself sideways, backwards, up and over himself, and then folded himself into a clear box.  We could see him clearly fitting in there.  I too feel like I am trying to cram everything into a box, with all being able to still see what is in there.  They can see the contents of my life but that is okay.  I am not trying to hide anything, but simply trying to carry it.  God makes it possible for me to handle and carry this box.

The circus performers put on an act.  They entertained and made us laugh.  It can be hard to be on display because your actions and reactions are watched, perhaps a little more closely.  I know people may not say it, but they might be thinking "cancer" when they look at us, pass by us, or hear our voices.  Maybe they say a prayer when they see us.  I hope they also see we are living a life of God's Grace and Hope.

The ringmaster introduces the acts, gets the audience set in anticipation, keeps the show moving along, and then gets the audience to give their appreciation for the act performed.  It reminds me that God guides us and keeps our focus on the right things.  God will be there as we twirl, juggle, and struggle with imbalances.  He can truly see through the boxes we try to stuff, into the core of our souls, knowing what we need in order to be a light, a star.  We praise, appreciate, and love that He is in control.

Reflection Verses:

He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;he gently leads those that have young.  (Isaiah 40:1 NIV)

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps.  (Proverbs 16:9 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment