Sunday, December 15, 2013

Passion & Compassion

Passion & Compassion

The Church that we attend has the mission statement of "Passion for God; Compassion for Others".

And, we sure felt that today.  I couldn't hold back my tears, as people greeted and comforted us with smiles, hugs, and support, as we entered Church.  (I am sorry if my tears dripped on you.)  I felt your compassion.  The songs that were sung, the prayers said, the message given, felt chosen for us to specifically hear.  I couldn't bring my voice to produce sound, but thank you for those words, those songs, I heard them.  God is using you to bless and share your gifts.

Wayne gave a testimony.  He spoke to you, and to me.  He reminded us that God is good.  We prayed together.  As we stood and prayed, with your hands connected to us, I felt God's love, your passion for Him, your agreement in prayer, and your compassion.

I feel that I cannot adequately express my gratitude to you from Church, to those at work, friends near and from a far, and family, that have shown such compassion and love towards us.  It is my hope that you can see a glimpse of such gratitude as I write to you here.

Tomorrow is the day of new information.  I feel that I can face it better knowing that ultimately Jesus is carrying this burden, but that you too, are walking along with us, providing that support. Your prayers, snow plowing, meals, babysitting, help with work, words, hugs, and compassion are so incredibly powerful and helpful.  We love you too.

Reflection Verses:

The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love.The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. (Psalm 145:8-9 NIV)

Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and a brother of James, To those who have been called, who are loved in God the Father and kept for Jesus Christ: Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance. (Jude 1:1-2 NIV)

 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30 NIV)



No comments:

Post a Comment