Saturday, December 28, 2013

My Turn

My Turn

My husband is a wonderful care taker.  He does the heavy lifting, spider and bug swatting, and handy man things around the house.  He also fills my truck with gas, cooks meals, grocery shops, drives me in the snow, and helps me with my computer.  Wayne also listens to me, prays with me, gives me loving but truthful advice, and keeps me grounded.  He makes me tea and coffee, rubs my neck, and takes over at home so I can take a nap.  We take turns getting our son ready for bed, reading books, doing homework, and playing games with him.  And, he doesn't complain.  Wow... I might be spoiled.  

I will continue praying to and praising God AND....

It is my turn now for other things.  I will also ...  wash my husband's hair, make him tea, cover him with a blanket, cook meals, wash dishes, rub his back, and listen.  I will shovel the sidewalk, put gas in the car and brush snow off of it, and navigate icy roads.  I will be his chauffeur, cheer team, prayer warrior, and advocate.  I will do paperwork and ask questions, some of them being hard questions.  I will organize and call insurance companies.  I will work at my job.  I will swat away complaints, because each day is a gift.  I will press on.

If I don't know how to do something, I will ask and learn.  If Wayne wants to do something himself, I will also let him do it, and support his choices and decisions.

It is my honor and privilege to take care of my husband.  He is precious to me and I hope that he knows that I will do whatever he needs to be comfortable so that he can heal and feel better.  I do not want him to worry about things in the home getting done, bills that need to be paid, groceries that need to be bought, or people to be called.  I want him to continue on being a follower of Christ, to focus on being a father and husband, to be able to work and share his love of music, and to share his story of hope with others.

I am not superwoman in any way and quite frankly, I am very exhausted at times.  Our son gave his 'Dadda' an Easy Button for Christmas, and I sometimes wish I could really push a button and make this easy.  I know you are praying for us and many of you are also serving and helping us.  Thank you so much.  You have helped me learn my new roles and tasks, as well as lightening our load.

Reflection Verses:

Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not people, (Ephesians 6:7 NIV)

There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us.  A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other. (1 Corinthians 12:5-7 NLT)

“You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another’s feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them. (John 13:13-17 NIV)

1 comment:

  1. I can tell how much love you have for each other. May God continually grant you the power you need to be what you need to be for Wayne at this time. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete