Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Crying at the Christmas Cards

Crying at the Christmas Cards

Some lovely friends offered to babysit so that my husband and I could go shopping for stocking stuffers and have a little date.  Very rarely do we have a date with just the two of us. 

I have to say that I treasured every moment with my love.  I held his hand or arm, I looked him in the eyes, and we just talked.  When we shopped for stocking stuffers for each other, we tried to hide from each other in the store, so that we wouldn't see what the other was getting.  I decided to start at the card aisle.  We have a tradition where we buy cards for each other and then we place them on the tree for Christmas morning.  Looking at the cards (and their prices), I couldn't bring myself to buy a $12 card, but I was looking for a "just right" message.

Even though I write here, I still have trouble finding the words to tell my family so how I deeply love them.  As I read through the "husband", "love", and "romance" cards, I found myself tearing up.  So many of them express what I want to say to him, but I want more.  More words, more dates, more memories, more time together, more hand holding, more snuggles on the couch, more time in prayer, just more ... 

So, I did "settle" on a card.  But, I am using more words in person.  I am saying "I love you" more.  I even kissed my husband in public.  Yep, and I don't care who saw me.

God provides, and I cherish every moment with the gifts of the family that He has given me.  I am thankful that God knows what we need and gives us immeasurably more.

Reflection verses:

"20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his powerthat is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."  Ephesians 3:20-21 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment